Nerman Museum Installation Pics

Finally have a moment to share some of pictures of the Copia show at the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art in Overland Park, Kansas. The show was a bigger and more grand than I had expected, 21 pictures from Retail and Thrift. I also gave a lecture, spent some time with director Bruce Hartman and even managed to do a bit of photographing, (which only makes me want to get back to do more asap). If you get a chance check out the show and the Museum which is very beautiful and smartly designed.

1. Posted October 18, 2008 at 8:36 am | Permalink

amazing! wish I was there and you were here!

2. Posted October 18, 2008 at 10:01 am | Permalink

Very well done. If I feel gratified to see this work achieving its artistic and political place and audience I can only imagine your satisfaction. Congratulations!

3. Amy Stein
    Posted October 18, 2008 at 11:33 am | Permalink

It really is an impressive showing in person. The prints are beautiful and museum is amazing. Congratulations!

4. Posted October 18, 2008 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Thanks. Really blown away by the show and the general discussion it’s been fostering. Lots of exciting things. Such a long way from leaving pictures under car windshields in parking lots!

5. Posted October 18, 2008 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Congratulations Brian!
    Also ,the show at Bond Street Gallery was fabulous too!
    Your photos are a stand out!

6. Amy Stein
    Posted October 18, 2008 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

Cue the Jefferson’s theme…

7. Posted October 18, 2008 at 7:54 pm | Permalink

damn fine looking show Brian. i saw Thrift at Rhona Hoffman last year- that was a very impressive show, but the larger space of the Nerman looks like it allows the photos to just sing. appropriate.

congratulations.

8. Posted October 21, 2008 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

Wolf whistle

9. Posted October 25, 2008 at 11:59 pm | Permalink

Congrats Brian, the installation shots looks amazing, which I could see them in person.