Signing My Name 226 Times (and then some) 20×200

Eagle eye readers of the blog might recall a mention of small affordable prints of mine back in the summer. I like the idea of making prints for the many people who love the work but can’t throw down the big bucks. Lucky for me Jen Bekman came up with a similar idea also this summer and since Jen is so swell the stars aligned…
It’s actually tricker than it seems to find an image that will work in 3 sizes. Jen and I deliberated and came up with a print from my recent project in Thrift shops (this one from Charlotte, NC 2006).
My print is a lovely c-print in the 3 sizes, 8×10, 17×22 and 30×40 on Fuji Crystal Archive Luster.
This might just be guilt free shopping.
To order:

1. Posted December 19, 2007 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

Yeah! I bought one and can hardly wait for it’s arrival.

2. Posted December 19, 2007 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

I love that you did a 20×200 edition. I bought one right away. THANK YOU!

3. Posted December 19, 2007 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

I’m thrilled! It took .5 seconds to hit the buy button. I sympathize with your writer’s cramp. Having just finished sending Christmas cards it is amazing how quickly one’s own signature starts to look, and feel, like gibberish. Hmmm, project idea?

4. Posted December 19, 2007 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Woah. Holy shit. This stuff is selling out fast. Thanks for your support.

Mel, Paul Schmelzer is all over that project:

or here

5. Posted December 20, 2007 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Yeah, I ordered one pretty much right away as well. I think yours is the first 20×200 that I’ve seen where the big ones sold out first.

6. Posted December 20, 2007 at 11:23 am | Permalink

P.S. I also bought one for my dad in New Orleans. He spent half his life looking for antiques in places like that, and now they’re all gone because of Katrina. It’ll be nice for him to have a new treasure in his house.

7. Posted December 20, 2007 at 11:55 am | Permalink

Lisa, How sweet. The response to the print has been outrageous and and honor to get the work into the hands of the so many fans.

8. Mike Ensdorf
    Posted December 20, 2007 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

I’ve been waiting for this one. Glad I was able to nab it before it SOLD OUT. Also, told my students to get one.
    Congrats, Brian.

9. Posted December 20, 2007 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

thats great!
    I can’t wait for mine.
    lunch sometime in the new year?
    congrats

10. Posted December 21, 2007 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

Wow! I just went to order one, and all editions are sold out! Amazing.

Congrats! I’m sorry I didn’t get one.

11. Posted December 22, 2007 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Yes I’ve been hearing this from many. Sorry things went so quick. For the moment I’ll remind people that my 20×26″ prints from Thrift in editions of 5 start at 2500. If that’s out of your league then keep an eye out and hopefully I’ll able to do another large edition/small price soon.

12. Anonymous
    Posted December 25, 2007 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

just got mine, but no signature? 226 times but not on mine 🙁

13. Posted December 25, 2007 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

Each print should come with a signed/editioned certificate. I signed all these. This is how the 20×200 works. The medium and large prints I also signed the prints themselves (in addition to the certificate) just to be nice 😉
    Did yours not come with a certificate?

14. Paul Schmelzer
    Posted December 29, 2007 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Hey Brian,
    Great idea (Jen’s amazing), but alas I, too, came upon the news too late.

Also thanks for the props on my autograph project. Here’s a direct link.

paul

15. Posted January 2, 2008 at 9:20 am | Permalink

Glad I hit “BUY” as soon as I got the e-mail. What a treat to come home from Xmas vacation and find a beautiful Brian Ulrich print waiting for me. Congrats on selling ’em out so quickly. No surprise, really. We of limited budgets await the next opportunity. 🙂

16. Posted January 2, 2008 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Got my print, and it is wonderful! Thank you.

It did indeed come with the insert card and your “official signature.”

17. Posted January 3, 2008 at 9:49 am | Permalink

So glad you’re happy with the prints. We sweated over getting them right but I really think they look great in each size.
    Happy 08!