Battle of the Vowels… an O vs. an A

Chad Muthard stirs it up with his Final Four Photo March Madness. I’m honored to be included, though sad that I’m up up against good friend Todd Deutsch. Here’s how the fight would begin btwn. a Chicagrapher and Minneographer.
• Beer. Todd and I like beer and we have shared a few. I’ve certainly beat him in the tall beer department though I imagine he’ll outlast me in quantity. Could be even here.
• Todd’s a dad, i’m not. Knowing this I imagine Todd has forearms of a lumberjack. Kids love to be tossed, thrown and have adults propell them through space with velocity. My bmx days will do little good over Todd’s kid heavy workouts.
• I would steal his soul with a candid 645 medium mallmart snapgraphic while Todd is distracted with the youngsters. Todd wouldn’t even know what hit him.
• While I’m winding my film Todd may have a secret weapon of a blog posting, defaming character asassination-ray. Drunken party pics, attacks on my work, inventive wikipedia editing and dissing my use of the words ‘kind of’ and ‘like’ could buckle my knees and send me off into a void of no-comments-on-my-posts, and banish me to the bottom-feeder of a google search.
I imagine we’d more likely giggle over a beer and talk about lenses.

The real war here was discovered this weekend in a discussion with Colleen Mullins at the SPE conference:
• Is Minneagraphy/minneography spelled with an ‘O’ or an ‘A’?

ps. image courtesy of 9 hours of waiting standby for flights.

1. Posted March 19, 2007 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Hey, I recognize that Eggleston head

2. Posted March 19, 2007 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

Hehe.
    “Hey, is that mallmart snapgraphic of yours a wetzlar with the 80 apo-stigmaticron!?! Is it series V or VI?”

Of course, I know the answer. Any idiot can tell simply by the color of the numbers on the aperture ring. Before you catch on to the clever ruse, I grab the trophy and head for the door. In your face, Ulrich. In. Your. Face. (Don’t feel bad. I used a similar tactic in the minneography regionals on Shambroom, Newhall, Strassheim, Turczan, Goldes, Leo…)

3. Posted March 19, 2007 at 11:34 pm | Permalink

Great image Brian! I feel your pain. Somehow, we were able to get to Boston with miminal delay, but due to the concerns over flights we were there 4 hours early. Our friends going to CT didn’t fair as well. We still had a great time hanging with photo friends.

It was great to meet you “in person” at SPE. I’d like to talk to you soon, virtually or on the phone. I’ve got some ideas a-brewin’! – best, Leslie

4. Mike Ensdorf
    Posted March 20, 2007 at 1:31 pm | Permalink

Great meeting you in Miami, Brian. Loved the talk, and your work rocks! (also loved the Walker Evans, punk rocker reference. Outstanding!)–Mike

5. Posted March 20, 2007 at 2:16 pm | Permalink

Deutch’s trash talk is as week as the chromatic correction on his Holga. We ALL kicked his astigmatism in the regionals. Strassheim and Turczan climbed on his sorry trembling carcass in their stiletto-heeled boots to pose for the paparazzi. It was something to see.

6. Posted March 20, 2007 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Jesus Christo!
    I fell off my seat when I saw that image. AMAZING…

7. Posted March 20, 2007 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

Step off, “shambroom”, if that is indeed your real name. This is between Ulrich and me…

-sigh-

The jig is up. No sense in prolonging the inevitable. Make it quick Ulrich. And stay away from the face…

8. Posted March 20, 2007 at 9:47 pm | Permalink

Power Shammy… ACTIVATE!!!!!

Phschew! Kablam!

9. Posted March 21, 2007 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Can I just say one thing?

Nightcrawler = Amazing.