Bloggraphy™

As Minneagraphy takes on Chicagraphy and someone invents Montreagraphy, a funny word gets funnier.
Hence the birth of Bloggraphy™ which I imagine will induce riots, a rage of opinions and maybe even a wiki entry…

In other news, some interesting Bloggraphy blogs have recently surfaced that one should add to their list of surfables.
The F-Stop: Aperture Magazine creates a group blog that is edited by University students across the US.
• Leslie K. Brown is a curator, teacher, writer and photographer from the Boston area. Check her post on filmmaker Errol Morris.
• A more Bloggrapher type blog by Armando Bellmas from Charlotte, NC titled Be Still Please.
• And finally Mr. Michael Foley of the Foley Gallery NYC Inc lets us inside the mind of a mad scientist turned gallerist at Inside the Gallery.
you heard it here first….
p.s. film is better than digital

1. Posted February 15, 2007 at 10:47 am | Permalink

no its not

2. Posted February 15, 2007 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Oh yes, it is. Thanks, Brian!

3. Posted February 15, 2007 at 7:11 pm | Permalink

film!

whatever. real photographers use glass plates and need a mule to carry their camera around.

ha.

by the way, here’s some news photography i thought you might like:

4. Posted February 15, 2007 at 7:21 pm | Permalink

oops, i mean here is a link.

5. Posted February 15, 2007 at 11:21 pm | Permalink

hey brian, one more thing:

have you read the work of clifford geertz? since you’re very much into the interpretation of cultural signs, i think you might really dig some of his work. his whole gig was symbolic anthropology, and quite a lot of current work in anthro has built off his ideas.

check him out if you get time…

6. Posted February 15, 2007 at 11:50 pm | Permalink

Thanks much Ryan!

7. Posted February 16, 2007 at 7:44 am | Permalink

Thanks Brian! I’m a newbie, and I appreciate your link to my little space (and reading it too). I wondered why my blog went from a piddly 100 on my counter to well over 350 On Thursday! RA tipped me off. I surfed back in and now I know. The power of links. Thanks!

On another note, as you might have noticed I added you as a contact on the PRC’s flickr page we started in November (http://www.flickr.com/photos/prcboston).

I enjoy your blog, artwork, and the great community that is forming. Cheers! Leslie

8. Posted February 16, 2007 at 9:14 am | Permalink

Leslie,

I see that you have ties to Austin. That’s a good thing. You should come back sometime, we’re working hard to change the face and sustainability of the Austin art scene.

Plus, Brian’s coming to visit! Woohoo!

Ryan G.

9. John
    Posted February 16, 2007 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

New Yorkographers, where ya at?

10. Posted February 19, 2007 at 10:14 am | Permalink

Ryan-

I LOVED Austin. I had a super time there (~95-97) and I have often thought of going back. I lived on 40th and C in Hyde Park. A great city with a great energy. I’ll check out your blog. Brian, you’ll love Austin.

– lkb

11. Posted February 20, 2007 at 9:23 am | Permalink

I’ve been to Austin once before for a SPE conference and ended up in a huge protest stopping traffic over a downtown bridge (March 03). Later was dancing ont ables. How could you not love Austin?
    Can’t wait to go back to hang with Ryan and Sybil.

12. Posted February 21, 2007 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

I don’t know where I want to hang my hat MPLS or Chi-Town.
    I want both!!!

13. Posted February 23, 2007 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Mark, perhaps you can be a midwestographer? You get both cities though without the a good sounding word.