Sunny and 68 degrees, MCASD

If you’re on the west coast and in the San Diego area i’m jealous.
For one it’s warmer, there is no salt on the cars and streets, people are wearing sunglasses and you have a lot more access to In and Out burger than I do.
Moreso you’ll be able to see my show at the Museum of Contemporary Art at their new building in La Jolla a long time before I do. This is the biggest showing of work from the Copia series to date (14 pictures from the Retail section). Very exciting.
It opens today:
Museum of Contemporary Art
700 Prospect Street La Jolla, CA
Dec 16, 2006 – May 13, 2007

So go, be glad at the nice weather and tell me how it looks.
I’ll be out in March for a lecture and hopefully it’ll be an escape from the wintery Northwest.

1. Posted December 16, 2006 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

i dont know who you’ve been talking to…it’s FREEZING here in socal, a frosty 64 i think. we even have some clouds today…

about the show: im heading down to la jolla tomorrow to check it out.

2. Posted December 16, 2006 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

Ryan, surely you’ve not consulted the weatherman. He is in fact always correct 😉
    Thanks for the link yesterday. Some good stuff.
    Let me know how the show looks.

ps. you’re getting warmer…

3. Posted December 17, 2006 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

yay i will finally be able to check out your photos in person!

4. katherine t.
    Posted December 18, 2006 at 10:43 pm | Permalink

it’s amazing i saw it earlier today and at first wondered why these images looked familar but they were yours! kudos on the exhib it looks great!

5. Posted December 18, 2006 at 10:48 pm | Permalink

hey brian, i went down to la jolla to check it out yesterday, but your work was closed to the public for a private event/party or something.

so…i’ll try heading down there again sometime soon to check it out.

6. Posted December 22, 2006 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Great to hear Katherine! Sorry to hear Ryan, there is always the loud proclimation, ‘Do you know who I am!?’ technique 😉