Kerry Skarbakka

Another Columbia Grad does good. Kerry Skarbakka graduated a year before me (2003) and has been working it pretty well every since. While not super prolific, (his falling series takes quite some time to set up, photograph, and digitally edit), he has made his way onto the cover of the new Aperture Mag. I haven’t received an actual copy yet. But here’s proof for now.

1. Anonymous
    Posted June 16, 2005 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

While people are certainly entitled to their opinions, post such as ass***, d*ck, and all artists suck, etc…will simply be deleted.
    Please comment with intelligence.

2. Posted June 17, 2005 at 12:59 am | Permalink

i think that mr. skarbakka’s work is being mis-interpreted by the media

3. Posted June 19, 2005 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

I found your blog while trying to find more info on Skarbakka.

I never heard of him before the scandle, and I’d like to thank the reporters who brought a very interesting artist to my attention. Ha Ha, your intentions failed.

I’m currently trying to connive a message board I frequent that artist do not have to pander to their audience, and no this doesn’t appear to be a shock piece, because it fits in with his current theme.

4. Joli
    Posted June 19, 2005 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

Erm, connive = convince

(one more reason I switched from being an english major….)

5. Manuel
    Posted June 23, 2005 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

I love the way you “artist,” left wing wakos liberals some how find an art in something so tragic and then call everyone else the people who are “mis-interpreting” the art.

6. Posted June 24, 2005 at 7:54 am | Permalink

Manuel, I love the way you decide artists are ‘wakos, and liberals’. Educate yourself before you decide to call people names.
    You may have adifferent opinion on what is ‘art’, but I can tell you I was at the event of Kerrys’ all day photographing, it was not his intention to mimic 911 or make fun of any tragedy.